How do I file a court record?

Court documents or suits can be filed at both the Poplarville and Picayune offices or mailed to: Chancery Court, P.O. Box 431, Poplarville, MS 39470. Be sure to include the appropriate fees, if necessary.

In many instances, court filings can be done using the Mississippi Electronic Courts (MEC).

For more information, please visit the 10th District Chancery Court of Mississippi and the Supreme Court of Mississippi websites.

Show All Answers

1. What are Court Records?
2. Are Court Records open to the public?
3. How do I file a court record?
4. Does the Clerk's Office have blank forms for filing?
5. What are the various court filing fees?
6. What does the Clerk's office accept in payment of court filings?
7. Does Chancery offer a court appointed attorney?
8. How do I acquire a copy of my final divorce decree?
9. I received child support payments from the Department of Human Services (DHS), can the Chancery Clerk’s office help with the payments?
10. How can I do a civil commitment through the Chancery Court for someone needing mental or substance abuse treatment?
11. What is the 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline?
12. Who can help me or my children experiencing Domestic Violence?
13. How do I request a Domestic Abuse Protection Order (DAPO)?
14. Where can I access free legal resources?