How do I request a Domestic Abuse Protection Order (DAPO)?

A petition for a DAPO should only be filed if you are being abused and your relationship with the abuser is one of the following:

  • Spouse or former spouse
  • Person currently living as a spouse or who formerly lived as a spouse
  • Current or former dating partner
  • Person related by blood or marriage and currently residing together or formerly residing together
  • Person with whom you have a child(ren) in common

Justice, Municipal County, or Chancery Courts can issue a DAPO but if you are in immediate danger and seeking emergency relief, you must contact the Pearl River County Justice Court located at 153 Savannah-Millard Road, Suite A, Poplarville, MS 39470, 601-403-2572.

For more information on how to file a DAPO, please visit the Mississippi Attorney General's website.

Show All Answers

1. What are Court Records?
2. Are Court Records open to the public?
3. How do I file a court record?
4. Does the Clerk's Office have blank forms for filing?
5. What are the various court filing fees?
6. What does the Clerk's office accept in payment of court filings?
7. Does Chancery offer a court appointed attorney?
8. How do I acquire a copy of my final divorce decree?
9. I received child support payments from the Department of Human Services (DHS), can the Chancery Clerk’s office help with the payments?
10. How can I do a civil commitment through the Chancery Court for someone needing mental or substance abuse treatment?
11. What is the 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline?
12. Who can help me or my children experiencing Domestic Violence?
13. How do I request a Domestic Abuse Protection Order (DAPO)?
14. Where can I access free legal resources?