At this time, marriage licenses are being issued by appointment only. To make an appointment:
- Please call 601-403-2329 for the Poplarville Office.
- Please call 601-749-7728 for the Picayune Office.
Certain information is required to apply for a marriage license. To streamline the process, please download and complete the Marriage License Information Form and bring it to your appointment.
Marriage License Information Form
Requirements for Marriage License
- Fee of $37.00 payable in exact cash, money order, cashier's check, or credit card (ID required).
- Both parties must be present at the time of application.
- Both parties must submit proof of age in form of driver’s license, birth certificate, passport, state issued ID, school record, baptismal record, armed service discharge, armed service identification card, or other official document evidencing age.
- Both parties must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age. If either party is under twenty-one (21), both parents or legal guardians must be present at the time of application and present a photo ID along with a certified copy of the minor’s birth certificate or certified copy of court order appointing legal guardian.
- Marriage Ceremony. Applicants are responsible for making arrangements with a licensed minister, or other authorized official, to perform the marriage ceremony.